Tangy tomato sauce, tasty beef and creamy ricotta layered in perfectly cooked noodles also known as a traditional, extremely popular Italian dish known as lasagna. This layered pasta dish uses many staples of Italian cuisine and combines them to form a delicious dish. However, this dish can be customized to include anyone’s favorite ingredients and fit any diet or lifestyle like vegan, or vegetarian. Here are some lasagna recipe ideas that are too delicious to pass up:
- Simple Vegetarian Lasagna Skillet: Making lasagna can be time-consuming. So, why not toss all the ingredients into a skillet for a faster, more efficient recipe. This vegetarian lasagna does just that. This is the closest you could get to ‘no work’ lasagna. All you need is one skillet, throw in some tomato sauce, no-boil lasagna noodles and bulky veggies like lentils, beans, and mushrooms to replace the meat. Cover the skillet with some gooey mozzarella cheese, place in the oven until the cheese starts to bubble and enjoy!
- Vegan Skillet Lasagna with Homemade Almond Ricotta: Another lasagna skillet! Well why not? They’re super easy. This vegan recipe features homemade almond ricotta to replace the traditional ricotta used in lasagna and spinach walnut pesto for that extra kick. Like the vegetarian recipes, this recipe also includes hardy veggies such as lentils, mushrooms, and zucchini to replace the meat. After tossing the veggies, sauce, and no-boil noodles into the skillet to cook, top the skillet with the homemade almond ricotta and featured spinach walnut pesto.
- Sweet Sausage and Three-Cheese Lasagna: This recipe is definitely not vegan or vegetarian. This twist on lasagna includes sweet Italian sausage and includes three cheeses: mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmigiana-Reggiano. Firstly, make your tomato sauce and break up the sausage and ground pork into the sauce. Secondly, layer sauce, lasagna noodles, and the three cheeses in a baking dish. Lastly, cover it with foil and bake until the liquids are bubbling, and the noodles soften. Don’t have time to layer? Don’t worry, you can totally modify this recipe for a quick skillet lasagna.
- Extra Cheesy Homemade Lasagna: Maybe you enjoy cooking and taking the time to get it right. Don’t worry, we have a recipe for you too. This lasagna is made from scratch, all the way down to the noodles. Combine flour, eggs, and water into a mixer for the dough. Then run it through a pasta machine to flatten the dough into lasagna noodles. This recipe is layered with a homemade béchamel sauce infused with provolone and a pinch of nutmeg and layered with provolone and mozzarella cheese. The end result is pure comfort food, a cheesy take on a well-loved classic.
- One-Pot Lasagna Soup: Yes, you read that correctly. This recipe is probably easier than the skillet. It’s all the lasagna ingredients we know and love: sauce, beef, and lasagna noodles, combined in a pot with chicken broth. When everything is cooked top your soup with mozzarella and ricotta, grab your favorite spoon and start slurping and shoveling it in.
- Lasagna Zucchini Boats – A Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free Lasagna Option: This recipe is lasagna without the noodles. This recipe is not only delicious, but low carb, keto, and gluten-free. Cut your zucchini in half, the long way, fill it with your meat sauce, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and bake. You can enjoy this recipe without the carb guilt.
- Mini Lasagna Cups: These little lasagna cups are perfect to prevent the mess and are portioned out perfectly. Rather than using lasagna noodles, place wonton wrappers into a cupcake tin. Fill them with ricotta, your favorite meat sauce, and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese. The crispy wonton wrappers make these mini lasagna cupcakes the best lasagna you’ve had yet.
- Mexican Lasagna: Instead of Taco Tuesday, how about Mexican Lasagna Monday? The fusion of these two cultures in this dish is truly delectable. The beef is sautéed with Mexican spices like cumin, coriander, and chili powder. Then you add diced chilies, tomato paste, and fire-roasted tomatoes and cilantro. Lastly, you layer the lasagna noodles with the sauce mixture, corn, beans, and a Mexican cheese blend. This is one lasagna you won’t find at your local Italian restaurant.
BONUS: Chocolate Lasagna: This no bake chocolate lasagna is made of crushed Oreos, cream, chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips! Layer your pan with crushed Oreo cookies mixed with melted butter, then layered with cream cheese combined with milk, sugar and Cool Whip. Make some quick chocolate pudding and spread that on top. After that sets add more Cool Whip and layer on those yummy chocolate chips. Unconventional, but absolutely delightful.
For everything lasagna visit Sansone Market. With Sansone’s fresh ingredients you can make any lasagna that will keep your family wanting more.